In choosing a career, which will you rank the as most important?
It is always a dilemma to choose 1 out of the 3. What if there is a choice to rank all at equal importance or maybe 2 out of the 3 as more important than the other. A career as an independent financial consultant give you the autonomy of working at your preferred time and build a passive income to have a better work/life balance. At the same time, you can have a fulfilling career by providing a professional service and help your clients achieve their financial goals.
“[Financial Advisers Act] will create of a new class of licensed financial advisers. These professionals will be able to provide investment advice on a wide array of financial products, and also sell unit trusts and their close substitutes, such as ILPs. In some cases, these financial advisers will not be connected to any product providers, such as fund managers or insurance companies, and will act independently of them. Such independent financial advisers will represent the interests of their clients, rather than the interests of specific product providers.”
– Speech by Deputy Prime Minister and Chairman, Monetary Authority of Singapore, Lee Hsien Loong for the Second Reading of the Financial Advisers Bill 2001 in Parliament on 5th October 2001
An independent Financial Consultant meet clients and counsel them on their finances. This could mean sitting down and creating budgets to firming up retirement plans or giving advice about investing.
They can also invest the client’s money and meet with him or her regularly to discuss their investments or insurance matters. Many times, help to plan a safe, comfortable future for their clients, but they’re also called upon when the unexpected occurs –perhaps the death of a parent, a couple plans on divorcing or a child is hospitalised. He/she may step in and make sense of these fiscal troubles and create a plan for moving forward. They must be able to listen to their clients; explain complex ideas in easy-to-understand ways; and be able to sympathize with their clients.
If the above sounds like what you enjoy doing and you are a Singaporean/PR with at least an”A”-Level or Diploma holder and above 21 years old, drop me a message and let us have a discussion.
Lack of financial knowledge and experience it is fine. You will be enrolled in a customised training program designed by a reputable independent financial advisory firm to provide you with the right tools, skills and knowledge to perform the job.
How the company help you?
- A comprehensive 9 days program to guide you from the prospecting stage to conducting a financial plan
- Leads generation – From existing clients, seminars, telemarketing.
- Mentoring from experience advisors & managers
- Joint field work
- Advisor sharing sessions
- Product comparison and training
How much are financial advisers earning?
While the median income is around $50,000 annually, the fact is the income is determined by you and not your boss. Try asking your boss for an pay increment of 10% annually. If the financial adviser wants that as his income goal, our job as mentors is to guide and mentor him to his goal.
What is the worst case scenario?
I have been recruiting advisers who are ex-insurance agents or they can be non-finance trained and zero sales experience just like myself when I join the business in 1998. Some agreed to take the leap, move into this career and stayed since their day 1 but some left too. There are also the majority who dare not move into this business due to uncertainty. I am keeping in touch with all these 3 categories of people and let me summarize our catch up over coffee sessions.
- Those who dare not take up this challenge to change remained at their unsatisfied lifestyle or income and spend the time regretting that they should had tried…and it’s too late now.
- Those who took the challenge to change but did not stay on were happy that they tried but did not succeed due to their own reasons. They went back to their employment drawing a basic income with their Diploma or Degree.
Submit your application via this form.